Optimizing your Selector
Some questions Better Radio Programming ask in order to optimize your music software (Selector®, GSelector®, MusicMaster®, PowerGold® & Music 1®) and to make your music scheduling better:
- Does your music rotate the way you really want? Are the most-played songs, really your best songs? Are the best-testing songs exposed properly and in accordance with your expectations?
- Are your clocks, categories and rule-settings designed and optimized for your station and format?
- Is the set-up of the music scheduling software optimal for your format? There's a big difference between a perfect CHR database and a perfect AC database
- Are your music codes and rule-settings optimal for your station and relevant for your strategy / library / format? Do your current settings work for or against the library and the strategy?
- Do some songs play the same time day after day? What causes the problem?
- Are there power songs that almost never get played? Are there secondary songs that get more plays than the powers? How are the station's core artists exposed?
- Does the number of songs in each category create good natural rotations? How would any changes in the number of songs you play in each category change your rotations?
- How is the music you play helping the station?
- How many times do you expose the music to your average listener during a week?
- How many times do you need to play a song before it becomes familiar?
- How much time do you spend preparing the music log? How can changes in the software set-up make your work more effective and give you time to do other important things?
- Do you have artist separation problems? Are you using the “good tricks” to solve these problems?
- How is each music category featured in the clocks?
- How much special programming do you do?
Which software is Better Radio Programming working with?
Does Better Radio Programming provide a music scheduling log service?
How does Better Radio Programming work with clients?
“Working with Robert was an enriching experience through & through. His music programming skills are par excellence. But what is really more striking is his ability to quickly understand the market & create tailor made solutions even in markets like India where he'd not worked before.”
Madhusudhan Ranganathan, Regional Programming Director Radio City 91,1 India